Wednesday, October 31, 2007

oh the amazing slackishness of me

In my defense, the last couple of weeks have been rather hectic for me. What with worrying about extra crispy grandmothers who turned up in Las freaking Vegas (and without me!!! wtf???), a busy couple of weeks at BOTH jobs, and lingering sniffles and general sick in bedness... yeah. There has been little to no writing. There has been lots of soup though!

Today is one of my favourite days of the year. Halloween. But I think I like Coyote's definition better, so on the off chance someone reads this who doesn't already read Coyote (yeah... that'll happen) go scamper over and check it out. He gives good giggle.

I've decided that there just isn't enough time in the day to do all the stuff I want to or need to do. I need more hours. I need to be able to play twice as long so I can fit in all the stuff I need to do and then have time to write on top of it. I need to be able to find a way to squeeze in another few jobs (*nods to radar and his in living colour jokes*). But most of all? I still need time to sleep.

I've decided that sleep is a GOOD thing. I don't do it nearly as much as I should. I think my love of sleep is compounded by a love of my big comfy bed. It's a lovely and wonderful bed. And oh so very comfy. I need to spend more time bonding with it.

Thus, I have decided that the time has come to achieve a state of independent wealth wherein I can do whatever I want whenever and spend more time bonding with my bed.

So I'll be winning the lottery this weekend. No one else buy a ticket. And to the lottery people? I'll be emailing you the numbers you're to choose on Friday. kkthx.

6 comments:

Kallarn said...

When you win said lottery can i come be your butler for lots of pay and little work? Except making tea n stuff.

Kiara said...

sorry... someone else already snagged that job.

you can be my personal librarian though.

Kallarn said...

I can do that.

Homeslice said...

So what is the job for me and my misses?

Regnak1969 said...

work is an evil necessity, but its gaming that keeps me from bonding with my bed as much as I deserve. Currently trying to subsist on about 4 hours a night and it just ain't working.

I hope your general sickedness gets cured quickly.

Almagill said...

Work sucks. On balance I'd rather have a cold and stay home in a cuddly warm duvet getting treats and sympathy...

But that gets old fast and rarely pays the bills, so hope you get fighting fit soon. Glad your olds turned up somewhere safe and sound too.

OMG... it's November?? *faint*