Thursday, September 20, 2007

Things that make me twitch...

Legends of Norrath

I hate this game with a particular purple passion. No really. I freaking hate it.

I don't understand it. It makes me feel stupid. The AI cheats like a total bitch.

But I can't stop playing it. It fascinates me. The cards are gorgeous, and there's just something about it that calls to me. I don't know if it's because I can't let the AI sit there and be victorious or what.

Whatever it is, I can't stay away from it.

Typos

Mine, other people's, the ones in professionally edited and published novels... I don't know why. It isn't like it really matters. But for some reason it's like that little scab you have on your knee from when you tripped over that ginormous freaking, grand canyon sized crack in the sidewalk. It just sits there and makes my teeth itch and I have to correct it.

I've gotten a bit better about it lately. Mostly cause I have a friend who now does it on purpose sometimes just to eff with me. Or refuses to fix them because he knows that I'll sit there and twitch about it all day. Yeah.

Celebrity Bullshit

Who. The. Fuck. Cares. Seriously, I don't give a rat's nasty stinky ass what the hell Britney or Paris or whatever other skanky ho who passes for a famous person is doing.

I pick up way too much of this by osmosis for my personal happiness. I get the obsession with celebrities and all, but I don't share it. I've got better things to do with my time.

Although I will admit to getting a massive giggle out of the Oscar de la Hoya in drag pictures. Now, I just need to figure out who he is...

People

Alright, not all people. But a good portion of them. There are some massively useless people who work in my office. I would cheerfully pit roast them.

There are also some ridiculously pretentious and annoying bastards out there who make me (to borrow a good word) stabby.

There's a whole lot of other crap, but those are probably the top of the pile.

I'm going to go back to sleep now... I mean work. Really. I know my eyes are closed, but this is TOTALLY my working face.

15 comments:

Kallarn said...

Haha glad you feel the same way about LoN as me :p

Its very satisfying to play a game thinking you know whats going on then the AI just does something and you seem to miss 3 goes and get annihilated! I will beat that damn 3rd scenario one day.

As for the rest, you find useless people everywhere, where you work, celebrities (especially) or more annoyingly still the jobsworths on the end of the phone who just cant help you because they aren't allowed.

Humanity can suck, alot. Luckily there are a few among it that make it not so bad.

Unknown said...

What is LoN? Should I look it up?

You know I hate people with a passion. I still want to run away to Canada.

Kallarn said...

LoN = Legends of Norrath the new card game SOE released.

Its supposedly like magic the gathering but digital and gives in game items and stuff.

*loves his armoured warg*

Kiara said...

oh you BASTARD! YOU GOT THE ARMOURED WARG????

* sulk * I can't stop playing the damned thing.

T, I'd renew your account JUST for LoN. It's addictive.

And yeah... there are a few people here and there that I couldn't do without.

Kallarn said...

Pretty sure you can get a standalone LoN client, it was advertised on the SWG site as such anyway.

Unknown said...

Do I have to buy something else to play it?

Kallarn said...

You get a free random starter deck i think but then need to buy more cards if you want them.

Kiara said...

you can get the stand alone client...

but if you play eq you can get cards off mobs!

Kallarn said...

Ive yet to see any drop.

Kallarn said...

Ooh being cross server i can challenge you to a game!

Unknown said...

K, just renewed my EQII account. You all are in trouble!!

Kiara said...

that's my kind of trouble ;)

Unknown said...

RAWR!

Kallarn said...

Shall i leave you two alone? :p

Unknown said...

*cough* Sorry, we're back :p