Thursday, September 20, 2007

A heaping helping of humilty...

I made a new friend recently and was directed to their site...

Browsing through that site alone was impressive, but rolling through some of the linked blogs and pages was indeed a humbling experience.

I like to tell myself that I'm a writer, and to be absolutely technical about it I am. I mean, I'm doing it right now. I write everyday. Most of it is drek and I don't do anything with it.

There are times though, when I feel like a little girl playing dress up with mommy's clothes.

Today was completely one of those moments of "Oh my gods... I'm so completely deluding myself." Fortunately, rather than having the urge to just throw up my hands and find a new dream, I'm thinking it's really about time to get my happy white ass in gear and start writing for real.

People only really need a few hours of sleep a day anyway... right?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Kallarn said...

What do you write?

Kiara said...

drek. didn't you read?

Unknown said...

Could you write a romance for me and make me the lead with a hot hunk o' man?

Kallarn said...

Drek is my mage pet ;p now what do you write!

Kiara said...

Tainda... * sigh * oh alright. But only cause you're my friend * grumble *

Fiction, Kall. Fantasy mostly. Then whatever snarkiness I feel like tossing up here and the stuff at Zam.

Unknown said...

Yay!! I want first read of it! How awesome, a book about a chubby Midwestern girl who can't keep the men off of her!

Kallarn said...

So got any stuff up a person could read?

Kiara said...

stuff at zam... probably all.

i need to get my arse in gear and write some stuff.

i'll let you know.

Unknown said...

She is a good writer too, I love her work, some of the most exciting stuff I have ever read. You should read her stuff at Zam, not as funny as Coyote, (cause I don't think she is trying to be funny) but good stuff.