Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My cats are magpies...

They very nearly didn't make it to their first birthdays.

Picture this. 5:30 in the am (which is simply an ungodly hour and which I should not see except on my way to bed), and I'm in the shower. Washing my hair and trying to wake up.

I hear a little "tink" from out in the bathroom and immediately think to myself, oh hell. I peek around the shower curtain and there are two very guilty looking little fuzzballs. One on the counter and one peeking around the door. I look at them, they look at me. Then the little toe chompers dash out of the bathroom as if Cerberus were after them.

I hurry up and finish my shower and get out to look in the sink. Sure enough, one ring. The other three that I wear on a daily basis are no where to be found. I mourn their loss down the drain and start thinking about what I want to do with the cat corpses. I consider cooking them, decide it's too much trouble and decide to just huck em in the dumpster and then start mentally spending the money I'll be saving on cat food and litter.

I wander downstairs, half dressed and cursing enough to peel the paint off the walls. In the kitchen, on the floor, there sits a ring. That's right. The little bastards took it off the counter in the bathroom and carried it down to the kitchen and then WENT BACK FOR MORE.

Now, I'm a kind and generous and forgiving soul. So, instead of killing them, I've now decided that I'll just go ahead and maim them a bit. After all, I've gotten one back and a little leniency is in order now. Over by the door at the bottom of the stairs is another ring. Pull the blinds at the sliding door onto the porch aside and there is the last missing ring.

At this point, I quite simply can no longer be annoyed and give myself over to laughter and give them full amnesty.

And on a side note? Home grown radio commercials are really really bad. * shoots the naughty store ad in the head *

10 comments:

Kallarn said...

If you'd not hurried out of the shower they'd have been off down to the pawn shop and have sold your rings to buy food.

If you mysteriously get robbed this week yet your cats look well fed and slightly suspicious you know whats happened.

Put CCTV in your house and catch them in the act.

Unknown said...

Hahaha That's awesome!

Cats always have the most guilty faces when they do something. I can always tell when my cat has done something she knows she shouldn't have.

Unknown said...

Ok, why am I giggling uncontrollably at the thought of Kiara cooking cats?

Kiara said...

cause there's chinese food on the back of the menu, of course.

Kallarn said...

Mmm chinese food *drools*

Kiara said...

They're monsters I tell you. I can't decide if it's cause they're male or cause they're red heads.

And mental note: never let Kall near my kitties. You mean nasty kitten eater!

Kallarn said...

Males no worse then female Kiara, and id never eat a kitty.

Unknown said...

No red head bashing!

Kiara said...

that's VERY disappointing Kall...

Kallarn said...

Ok re-reading that i think i missed a huge double meaning there.

If i did then /bad Kiara :p you know full well what i meant.

If its my mind thats in the gutter then *cough* /pure